Saturday, December 19, 2009

Things that I Love - Cleveland-ish Edition: Proximity to American Chains


Editor's note (I also happen to be the author of every blog post): This may be the last in the series.  This should not imply that there is not more to love in Cleveland.

In my last few “Things that I Love – Cleveland-ish Edition” posts, it looks like we eschew all restaurant chains, box malls, etc. Rest assured that we do not. We’re Americans. Well, I am anyway – I guess Naomi isn’t.

We live within 3 blocks of Starbucks, Penn Station (subs), National City bank, Subway, plenty-o-taverns, gas stations, Tuesday Morning; within 6-8 blocks of the local bakery (I guess that's local and not chain, but whatever), Heinen’s grocery store, Caribou Coffee, Einstein Bagels; within 1-2 miles of Five Guys Burgers and Fries(!), Target, Chick-fil-A, Chipotle, Qdoba, Home Depot, Lowes, Kohls, Marshalls, AMC Theater, Giant Eagle grocery store, Office Max, etc.; and within a 15 minute drive to Trader Joe’s (which sealed the deal on us moving here – just joking – sort of) and Crocker Park mall (the “uppity” mall).

So, Cleveland-ish may have some uniqueness … but it’s still in America.  And I'm happy about that.

No comments: