Friday, December 18, 2009

Dancing, Singing, Indie Blasphemy

My favorite Christmas album EVER and quite possibly my favorite album EVER is this one by Sufjan Stevens.  His version of "O Come, O Come Emmanuel" is my favorite song. 

"Indie blasphemy."  That's what one reviewer says about the album  here - while recommending it. 

I must admit that for me, listening to Sufjan Stevens is my lame attempt to be "indie" and/or "edgy".  Lame attempt.  I don't listen to much music - mostly Christian worship music, and UK pop and/or rock (U2, Coldplay, etc.).  I don't recommend this album for everyone.  It took a few times through for it to grow on Naomi.

Here's a music video with my second favorite song on the album:



Here's the kids dancing to the same song, while singing "Ring around the Rosie":

No comments: