Monday, March 10, 2014

A Hymn for Lent

My friend Ryan Flanigan did this song on an Easter compilation and it can be heard here at his blog. It can be downloaded here. He stole it from Martin Luther: In devil's dungeon chained I lay The pangs of death swept o'er me. My sin devoured me night and day In which my mother bore me. My anguish ever grew more rife, I took no pleasure in my life And sin had made me crazy. Then was the Father troubled sore To see me ever languish. The Everlasting Pity swore To save me from my anguish. He turned to me his father heart And chose himself a bitter part, His Dearest did it cost him. Thus spoke the Son, "Hold thou to me, From now on thou wilt make it. I gave my very life for thee And for thee I will stake it. For I am thine and thou art mine, And where I am our lives entwine, The Old Fiend cannot shake it.

No comments: