Friday, August 11, 2006

Alpacas and Emus and Bears, Oh My!

Weird animals, so I don't even know if I spelled 'em right. In any case, this post would be too long if I wrote it in prose, so I'll tell you what we did in Canada in a few phrases. Pictures will come later. This is just a teaser.

Saw a cub running across the road on the way to Bruce Mines where Naomi's parents live.

Saw three alpacas, two emus, ducks, frogs, toads, butterflies, dogs (neighbors own all of these), mice in the basement (Sam named one "Eddie") - not all of the mice survived - including the one that Heidi kicked to death in her bed.

We went to Skookum lake, Swiss Chalet, Tim Hortons, the Esso (Exxon) station for all you can eat fish 'n chips, I slept in a tent with Sam in the "little house" on the property one night, I went jogging three days and saw the Mennonite farms (and the Mennonites).

Ben's been sitting up, smiling and cooing like crazy.

While we were gone the Dentons had their baby (boy named Sue - er, rather Elijah James). Congratulations! Pictures can be seen here.

Graham Fink turned one. Congratulations, Graham!

Tons more on which to report, but I won't. Gotta go to work for a couple hours.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds like an exciting week. I want to go away